Before tackling the necessary questions about septic tanks, especially in its cleaning aspect, you should first know what is a septic tank. A septic tank is a tank that is built below the ground that is used to treat waste by natural decomposition and draining it automatically. These tanks let you have a safe way of disposing of your wastes turned into water and used frequently in places where there is insufficient drainage system or those areas that are very far from the sewage lines of the plumbing underground. These septic tanks function with the collection of feces and urine in massive tanks found underground and are primarily used in rural states and communities.
The septic tanks are not really placed in urban lying communities because the wastes in the urban communities and cities are being dealt with by transportation to their sophisticated sewage network and are being maintained with a water company from your locality. In a home, the septic tanks and processing are found with simplicity in terms of their design. It is a tank enclosed strictly with water that is found underground and has a shape of rectangle or circular. They are also created from concrete, fiberglass or plastic. The septic tanks are created with the joining of two pipes that each has a function of entrance and exit of wastes. The pipe used for the entrance function collects the wastewater from inside the tank to a duration until the solid part and the liquid state of the waste inside are differentiated from one another.
The exit pipe or the draining field functions primarily to push out the processed water waste inside the septic tank and diffuses it throughout the soil and water pipes that are only for sewage purposes. After a few minutes, the water waste from the septic tank will be separated into three parts. The first part is composed of oily and greasy matter that is floating atop of all the wastes. This is also known as scum. The middle part is where the wastewater is combined with all the waste matter. The third part is where the heavier matter that is much heavy than the density of water will create a line of sludge. The bacteria found inside the septic tank will break down the remaining solid waste from the wastewater.
The bacteria act as decomposer to the solid particles quicker, making them turn into liquid form and be separated to pass through the drain more smoothly. You should frequently clean the septic tanks because there would be the accumulation of wastes inside that were not flushed away properly, and it will be harmful to you, your family and community if that bacteria and smell leaks out. This is where most bacteria, viruses, and fungi are found because of concentrated wastes. That’s why you are strictly needed to clean it, but you should not and never do it by yourself. You should always ask the respective sewage cleaning experts to do it for you.
Guide on cleaning the septic tanks
1. It is required to have your septic tanks every 2 years. If it will not be cleaned regularly like for a year in the case of small septic tanks, the toxicity and antibacterial compounds will keep on accumulating and will kill the essential bacteria that function to break down the organic matter.
2. A couple of cleaners designated in the household will create the sludge and solid matter inside the tank and draining field pipes. This will lead to a failure in the septic process, specifically with the blockage of solids in the septic system and will tend to overflow throughout the course of the water or outside the grate access.
3. If you fail in the process of cleaning the septic tank, it will lead to a costly consequence and the very worst possibility of inviting water-borne illnesses plus its stinking smell.
4. If there is a damage in the septic tanks and its processes, the specifics in cleaning the septic tank is vital information. Tell what you know to your neighbors so that your whole community knows what to do.
5. You should exhibit a strict septic tank cleaning schedule in order to give protection to the septic process like in cases of a clog and breaking down. You should contact the well-known waste managing company to handle the septic process and assure you if it is functioning properly.
6. If you do not take note of when was the last time you cleaned your septic tank, the decomposition method of the septic tank will decrease its movement and will lead to blocking and overflow of wastes. In a period of time, excrement, soil, sludge, and solid particles will keep on accumulating and will result in not working properly and lead to many more dangers to your rural community.
7. It is advisable to clean the tank every one to three years. Contact a professional waste disposing of the company because it is the best advice to do whenever the septic tanks of your community are having a problem. With their expertise in disposing of many types of waste, they will not fail to help you or your neighbor out for the solution of maintaining a safe and disease-free environment. They will also eliminate the foul odor found in your place because of the septic tank problem. Never attempt to do it on your own or so with a do it yourself process. Never subject yourself to the dangers of handling a septic tank.
8. The septic tanks are cleaned, depending on every household. The professionals recommend that septic tanks should be cleaned after one year of using it. They will empty the septic tank by using a gully sucker or emptying equipment that is a truck with a tank equipped with a gear sucking system. This will let out wastewater and sludge inside the septic tank to the tank truck.
Last Updated on